Sep 04, 2012
Kiska receives Thorn Results from Brixton Results include 83.90 metres of 161.47 g/t silver, 1.02 g/t gold, 1.29% lead and 1.48% zinc
Vancouver, BC- September 4, 2012: Kiska Metals Corporation ("Kiska" or "the Company") reports that partner Brixton Metals Corporation has forwarded the Company its final results from the 2012 drilling program at the Thorn Property in northwestern British Columbia. Highlights of the program include:
A plan map and cross sections from the 2012 program can be viewed at: http://www.kiskametals.com/s/ThornMaps_Photos.asp
About the Thorn Property
The 189 square kilometre Thorn Property is located 120 kilometres northwest of Telegraph Creek, BC. High sulphidation epithermal vein-hosted high-grade copper-gold-silver mineralization and breccia-hosted high-grade silver and gold mineralization in diorite porphyry intrusive rocks make up the dominant exploration targets on the property. Brixton is earning a 51% interest in the property by funding exploration expenditures totaling $5 million and by making staged cash and share payments. At Kiska's election, Brixton can earn an additional 14% (totaling 65%) interest by funding an additional $10 million in exploration on the property. Brixton is the project operator.
2012 Oban Breccia Zone Drilling -- Significant Intersections
Qualified Person Statement
The content of this release has been reviewed by Jason Weber, P.Geo., President and CEO of Kiska Metals Corporation. Mr. Weber is a Qualified Person under the terms of National Instrument 43-101. Core samples were prepared and analyzed for multiple elements by AGAT Laboratories Ltd in Whitehorse, YT. AGAT has been certified compliant with ISO9001:2008 requirements and holds a ISO-IEC 17025:2005 Certificate. A blank, duplicate and certified reference material was inserted in the sample stream. Analyses for gold were done by Fire Assay, ICP-OES finish all other elements were analyzed by Aqua Regia Digest, ICP-OES finish. Silver over limits were analyzed by Fire Assay with gravimetric finish.
About Kiska Metals Corporation
Kiska Metals Corporation is a mineral exploration company focused on advancing the Whistler property, Alaska, a district-scale project with excellent exploration potential which includes the Whistler Deposit (a 2.25 M oz gold-equivalent indicated resource of 79.2 million tonnes averaging 0.51 g/t gold, 1.97 g/t silver and 0.17% copper and a 3.35 M oz. gold equivalent inferred resource of 145.8 million tonnes averaging 0.40 g/t gold, 1.75 g/t silver and 0.15% copper). Kiska has renowned technical expertise and a quality exploration portfolio with numerous early stage exploration opportunities around the world, some held in partnership with a selection of the world's largest and most successful gold and base metal producers.
On behalf of Kiska Metals Corporation
Jason Weber, P.Geo., President & CEO
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT: No stock exchange, securities commission or other regulatory authority has approved or disapproved the information contained herein. This News Release includes certain "forward-looking statements". Other than statements of historical fact, all statements included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding future plans and objectives of Kiska Metals Corporation, are forward-looking statements that involve various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from Kiska's expectations are the risks detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by Kiska Metals Corporation with securities regulators. Those filings can be found on the Internet at http://www.sedar.com and http://www.sec.gov